Sunday, October 19, 2014

One week until Mexico!

Howdy yall!
I know this has been a tough week for you all, I have been praying about all of you all the time, and I hope that you have seen the hand of God in all of your lives over the last week because I know that he is there to help you all, I love you all so much, and wish that I could be there for all of you right now!

I am guessing this is one of his instructors.
Okay, so the biggest thing that happened this week is that I got released as District Leader, and was then immediately called as Zone Leader! I am serving with Elder Peterson and it has been awesome for the two of us. We have both grown so much as leaders and I love serving in this calling so much more because it is a lot more spiritual and a lot less stressful! We have had to go in and talk to every district about obedience, not because any of them have been bad, but just because we just wanted to stress WIN, I think you may have seen that on my door, but it stands for What's Important Now, and what's important now for us is serving the Lord with all of our heart might mind, and strength! So we went in and we had everyone take off their name tags and put a piece of masking tape on the back, where they wrote one sentence about why they are on their mission so that whenever times get hard they can always look back and remember why they are here. Then we had them look at the 2 names on the front of their plaque. Jesus Christ and the name of their family. That's what we represent at all times and we have to go about our work in such a way that we are always making them proud! We read some scriptures and stuff so, so I think that it all went over pretty well! Then last night we got to welcome the new district in our zone! We kind of explained to them all of the different rules like always having to be with your companion and stuff! We acted out two skits, one showing them what happens if you are out of your room past quiet time, where Elder Peterson whacked me with his shoe horn, haha then another one where Hermanas Rhondeau, Wells, and Wilson (the Sister Training Leaders) and us demonstrated the rules having to do with page 33 (the flirtacion page) and how there are a bunch of different rules surrounding guy/girl relations! It was a lot of fun. There is a new Elder named Elder Burns from Toronto who looks exactly like Gus from Psych!! Really cool, plus right after the meeting he came up to me and had my whole testimony in Spanish written down and was asking me what everything meant in English so that he can learn, he is an awesome guy! Also, I had the opportunity to give my first priesthood blessing this week. Right after we had been called as ZL's one of the DL's for a younger district told us he had been struggling with his district and asked me to give him a blessing! It was an incredible experience! I felt the spirit take control of me, at the very beginning my voice was stuttering because I was so nervous then suddenly boom I wasn't! The best way to describe it is at the same time it felt like I was meticously thinking about every single word, but at the same time, they were just coming to me! I like caught glimpses of this guy on his mission, and was able to tell him that the Lord is preparing people for him in Mexico and it was so soo so powerful!

Goofing around.
We had two awesome devotionals this week. On sunday, the guy in charge of the Mormon.org videos came and talked to us. I want to ask everyone who sees this to go watch the uplifting message, Because Of Him that was released last Christmas, and be watching for a special new Christ video this Christmas. I can't give away any details but please check youtube.com on December 7th! Also, the other speaker was phenomenal! We have had a member of the quorum of the 12 come to speak and this was the guy I took by far the most notes on! His name was Larry R. Lawerence and he was a member of the 70. He talked about the 4 ways that Satan gets us and our investigators. Direct Temptation, Deception, Contention, and Doubt. It was so cool! Our branch president knows him so I will try to get everyone a copy of his talk! It was just so powerful and very different because it wasn't this is how to have a good mission like everyone thus far has been, it was very enlightening!

Selfie?
As for our investigators, Alberto has set a baptismal date! Marcelo is having trouble obeying the Word of Wisdom and got kicked out of his house when he got drunk, so we had to let him know that Jesus and God are there for us even when we don't 100% meet up with their expectations and what they want. And Alan, can't learn fast enough, he just devours everything that we tell him, so we come in prepared for a 30 minute lesson and within 5 minutes he has just absorbed everything we have said so we just talk with him and he is so nice!

I sent a letter home at the end of last week that answered most of the questions you asked me Dad, but I will reanswer them here too!
Check my call letter for the address.
There is very little chance my visa didn't clear since I went to the consulate so that is a very good sign! I should get my travel plans tomorrow, so I will send a letter asap then to let you know when I am leaving and everything!
Everything you said I need, plus my CTR ring, my orthodics and my oil I think are the three other things I can think of! Oh and another pair of black slacks, athletic socks and then either my grey khaki or my tan khaki (the ones that are wearing out) shorts! Um read through all of the letters to make sure that I didn't forget anything, I think my first letter, first email, and the letter you haven't gotten yet should have everything! And I think my USB thing has been working fine, so idk what you mean by that!
Thanks for trying to upgrade me! That'd be awesome! Elder Peterson wants to know if you can pull some strings for him too haha.
I might need a sweatshirt for Mexico, I don't know, I've needed one in Utah but I am not sure about in Mexico, and also maybe a pair of cheap vans or converse type shoes so I have something else besides my brooks for P day. Oh and maybe one more pair of dress shoes! Or at least have them for when i ned them! Also, I can't think of anything else right now that I'd need!
I am going to be sending home at least one suit and a bunch of books! I may have more, but I am not sure yet!
I am not sure exactly how much money I have right now, I will include it in the letter that I will send with my travel plans, sorry!
You guys know what I like, one thing that I really do want though is Gatorade! THey only have powerade here!
I have no ideas how to send packages to Mexico, talk to like the Corbetts maybe? There's that DHL thing Sister Wiley has!
I have heard rumors that Dear Elders work internationally sometimes too depending on the mission, so look that up! I am really sorry, I don't know a lot of what's going on!

Go Cougs!
I guess he hasn't heard how bad the season is going....
Thanks for all of the updates! I lvoed the pictures on the plane! I am really glad that the whole celebration went well yesterday! I really wish that I could have been there for it!! But, I am glad that everyone did such a good job putting it together! I lvoe you all! Thanks for all of your emails this week! Thanks for keeping me updated on everything that is happening! Have fun tomorrow at Park City! I am sure you are loving Millie being so close to you mom! haha Thanks for all of the updates about what's going on at home! How is the team doing in general for xc?? Any DECA stuff yet? Tell Mackenzie congratulations for me! I really wanted to see that movie, I hope it was great! I am glad they got to sleep over!:) I am glad homecoming was such a blast as well! Cyclocross sounds fun dad! Maybe youll be winning championships when i get back!! Yeah, I still haven't talked to Elder Olsen really, but we will probably be on the same plane together! Thanks for all the advice that you all offer all the time! I love you all so much and miss you as well!!!

Scriptures:
Dad- Alma 37:17 I don't know why but your comments about the temple made me think of this!
Mom- John 16:33 lean on our brother Jesus Christ
Sam- D&C 84:85 just like I said in my email, just learn as much as you can right now!
Jake- Mark 5:36 I love that scripture, never be afraid!
Max- Moroni 7:15 now that you are baptized this applies to you too!!!

I love and miss you all so much! Talk soon,
Con mucho amor,

Elder Stout





No comments:

Post a Comment