Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Merry Christmas and First baptism!

Merry Christmas everybody!

We won't have a p day really next week for email or anything because our pday got switched to Christmas, so I will just talk to you guys on Skype! So for that I will be going to an internet cafe and it will be on the 24th because we have not been able to find anywhere that is open on the actual Christmas day! I have no idea exactly how it will work or anything, but we are planning on like early afternoon your time like 12:30ish?? I don't know but I hope that will work!! I will have to figure out everything as well! I have 40 minutes to talk so that will be awesome! I can't wait! Also, the package came in a while ago, but because of changes last week no one got mail delivered but they told me it was there, so I should get it tonight! Super excited!! Also, y'all have something coming your way so be on the lookout!

So this week absolutely flew by!I can not believe that I am sitting here right now again, I was like just here! Boom suddenly it is Monday again! We had an incredible week, like our best one yet! There was some holiday this week for the Virgin Guadalupe and a lot of people get really drunk so we had to be in our house really early too of the days and it was still like one of our most successful weeks!
So I got to baptize someone this week! His name is Rene Cayetano Diaz! He was an investigator in the ward just over from us, and we were with him his sister and his brother and the elders that taught them because my comp had to do their baptismal interviews and I ended up being the person to baptize him, which was really really cool! i was able to memorize the prayer and do it right the first time and everything! He is an awesome kid though, and it was such a cool opportunity, Elder Neyra one of the two elders that taught him is awesome, he is like my best friend in our mission so far, we are from the same generation too!

So for our investigators Azucena is still preparing for her baptism either the last week of December or the first week of January and she is golden, she loves learning about the gospel and everything! Out other investigators we haven't been able to meet with much but Maria de Jesus is progressing, but won't go to church! Then we have a new 14 year old girl named Valeria who is the cousin of the whole family Alquicira so in our first lesson she gave an awesome prayer because of how much she has been surrounded by the church. Also, the Alquicira Fiuentes family gave us those snowmen and a bunch of candy when we ate there!


We did a really cool activity on Saturday where all the Elders that meet in our ward got together at this really central part of our town and we all sang Christmas carols, and then in between they had a screen playing church Christmas videos while we went out and contacted, and I contacted the most people, I contacted 29 people by myself it was awesome! I am so excited for Christmas!! I love and miss you'll a ton, and hope all is well!!!!

Elder Stout






He answered a few questions for us.  Here are some excerpts from his email to the family:

I hope everybody's health picks up in the ward, that is really hard to hear!! I will pray for them all this week for sure, send them my love!!

Mexican Christmas traditions are pretty much American ones, the one that is different that I have seen so far is that they use pinatas here for Christmas too!! Hahaaha they also eat corn for Christmas because apparently it is like really fancy! My street that I live on is Calle Laurel, one chapel is on 5 de Mayo and the other is on Rosal! (I found them all on maps.google.com)





No comments:

Post a Comment