Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Cambios!!!

Hola!!!

Well we had the cambios and my new comp is Elder Alvarado from Guatemala City! He has 9 months in the mission but I got assigned to be the senior comp which has been a huge change, but it is pretty cool!!!

So Monday was our last day together for Elder Hansen and me, and just like the 4 days before it, we spend it in the house! But we went to his dr appointment in the nighttime and it is right next to that really fancy mall, and since it was p day we got to go to DQ!!!!!!! It was so good because ice cream does not exist down here, so it was the first ice cream I have had in like 4 months!!

Tuesday was really hard to say goodbye to him but Elder Alvarado is awesome, the only way I can think to describe him is that he reminds me a ton of Ian Kahng haha so that is just kind of how he is! It is really different but we are getting along super well and I am learning a ton from him!

Wednesday I found out that my weakness is my comps strength-contacting! We contacted a ton of people the whole time that we were walking in the street! We set up a bunch of appointments with those people too! Wow!! So cool!! Also, I had this cool idea of setting a daily goal every day for our companionship so I have been doing that and we have been seeing a ton of success because of that!!

Thursday we saw our work pay off in a different way! Every single one of the appointments we put through contacting fell through but the Lord blessed us because every member we taught that day brought a friend and we had 7 new investigators! Wow! It was so cool!!! The family Martinez Salazar are relatives of Alquicira and have a lot of things going on in their lives that we can help with! The other family is super super nice! They are friends of Alicia, but they are super strong in their church, but super interested by Jose Smith so we will see how that goes!!

Friday, we had an appointment with an hermana that is teaching us how to make pastor meat!!! Yum!!!!!!! So I will be able to make it for yall when I get home!! In the night time we had a lesson that was pretty rough it was with an investigator and a menos activo family. The thing is that this investigator isn’t going to church because the family isn't so we kind of called them to repentance!

Saturday we had a super awesome lesson that just clicked with Marcelina! She is finally progressing again, and Elder Alvarado and I just taught really awesome together and followed the spirit muchisimo!!! It was so cool!! Hope all is well with you! Paz Fuera del DF

Elder Stout







No comments:

Post a Comment