Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving


Woohoo! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I really wish I could be there to spend it with you, but we will probably eat with one of the Alquicira families and then go get tacos with the zone leaders, so don't worry about me!!! I am going to miss dad's smoked turkey and mom's rolls though!!

Update on the investigators! Carlos and Maria weren't able to meet or come to church this week because they are really busy with work at this time of the year, which is really frustrating because I feel like if we can keep constant contact with Carlos then he could get baptized! Azusena (I referred to her as Susena in a past email oops finally learned how to spell her name) came to church yesterday for the first time and loved it! We are really hoping she will be ready for baptism by December 20th, she really wants it to be like a Christmas thing, but she has to come to church every sunday from now until then so we will see. We had a slower week this week because I had to go do immigration stuff one day and the offices are like 2.5 hours away so that took a while, but this next week is looking good!

So this week I had a tough experience, Ana decided she didn't want the lessons anymore, I took it really hard because I had been connecting better with her than Elder Hansen adn I had been taking charge of those lessons, so I got really down. But, then I realized I was getting down because of myself not her, so I changed my attitude and prayed for her instead of myself, and then she came to church yesterday for the first time in a really long time so we will see where that goes! But then the couple of days after we had that really tough day with Ana we have had a bunch of really good ones in a row! We got a ton of contacts the day after and set up a bunch of appointments with members for new investigators this week which is awesome, because we haven't had anyone new in a while! Then yesterday, the ward like just jumped behind missionary work and extended so much love and support for us and we are just packed this next week it is going to be awesome!

I love you all so much, and miss you too!!!!!

Elder Stout


Below are some answers to questions we asked him


What is a normal day like?

Normal day is waking up at 6 to go play fronton! Then I make myself some scrambled eggs and have honey nut cheerios before I shower! Then we have an hour of personal study, an hour of planning time, an hour of companionship study, and an hour of language study! Then we usually have one appointment right before lunch, and then head with the ZL's to an hermana in the ward who feeds us well and one of us shares something with her! Then we walk around and try to follow up with contacts, and menos activos all afternoon! Then in the night we have some sort of ward activity whether its a meeting, a class of English or just a lesson at the chapel. Then we go teach our investigators in the night, and usually end by sharing something with a member, before we come back, make some sandwiches, confirm plans for the next day and then write in my journal and I literally am falling asleep by 10 every night!


What is your apartment like?

I have been meaning to send pictures of my apartment! I will tnext week, it is actually pretty nice! We have like a hot plate, mini fridge, and microwave for our appliances, two hard as rock beds, our toilet doesn't work right, we have to turn on the hot water in the morning! Haha but its nicer than most!


What is church like?

The church is really nice! It is barely out of our area, like 10 mins walk! There are two chapels here really close, but one is called the visitor's center and they only use it for activities and it is the oldest chapel in Mexico which is really cool! I will let you know what church is like soon but for some reason that is the thing I have the hardest time understanding, it is impossible!!! I don't get anything and I don't know why, but it seems good!


What do you do on p-day?

On p days we wash our clothes which takes forever, I will never take a dryer for granted ever again, our clothes literally dry for like 3 days in our apartment, then we just buy stuff we need and email and then we go play volleyball before we have a district meeting at night, then usually visit a family! The morning and night are the same on p days!






WOO GO HAWKS!


No comments:

Post a Comment