Saturday, February 21, 2015

Bday Week!!!

So Happy Birthday to Jacob today!!!! Happy Number 11!!!! And Happy Birthday to Sam on Wednesday! Haha you are like in the age in between two milestones, so hang in there!!!

So maybe I should’ve changed this last change just to mix things up because I am really just settling in here and it doesn't feel like that much has happened but I will try to think of things!

So Monday, the thing that was really weird was that a ton of people just randomly started talking to us, some were like anti-Mormons, some just wanted to speak English with us, but some like legit wanted to talk to us about our message, and so that was pretty cool! It was an awesome blessing from the Lord!

Tuesday we had a zone conference and it was awesome, I am starting to realize how powerful of a man our mission president is because he pretty much was talking about all of the things that we weren't doing but made us feel like we wanted to do better not like we had been doing bad, it was awesome! We had a big talk on health and cleanliness too! Haha you’d probably be surprised but we have like one of the cleanest houses here because Elder Hansen on his first day talked about how we can’t have the spirit if the house isn't clean so I have just followed him on that! Then that night we had a super cool lesson with Irma and Alicia where we were just super on the same page like one of us would turn to a scripture and then the other one would say it, it was so cool, and we really helped them a ton, and they want to get baptized!!!! So that was so cool!!!

So Wednesday we had a first lesson with some friends of Javier Gaspar Lino and it was just a really weird lesson, I don’t know how else to explain it, Elder Hansen and I weren't really feeling the spirit super strong and like they didn't focus at all and it was just really hard but we are going to have another lesson with them this week so I hope that goes better! 

Then on Thursday, the big highlight was that we went to a hamburger place for lunch, and it was probably really disgusting but since we hadn't eaten burgers forever, it was actually really good!! And it looked like super hipster and Seattle-y! So that was cool!!! Speaking of Seattle, thanks for the updated on the super bowl and I am so sad about that! Bleh but they will win next year or at least when I back home I promise! It was really hard because Thursday in the night, Alquicira Fiuentes invited us to watch the game, and it was so hard to tell them that I couldn't!
 
On Friday I did Blue Friday!!! Haha I wore all blue to support my team! Everyone here knows that I love the Hawks! I sent you some pictures! That night we went to Cruz Alquicira and the dad is about to hit his one year mark in the church and they are preparing to go to the temple to get sealed so that was awesome to hear and then they gave us like the best tortas ever!!! Tortas are Mexican sandwiches that are like beans, meat, guacamole, and tomatoes on really good bread and they were just amazing! Haha a lot about food this week I don’t know why!

On Saturday we had an awesome noche misional in the home of Irma and Alicia and We started off just by randomly being like “hey are there any neighbors you want to invite?” And they did! It was so cool! So we got to know some good people! We just like played games and stuff and talked about góspel principales! Then we went up for a lesson with Marcelina and she talked to us about how she feels peace when she is with us and loves going to church but she wants to keep going to the Catholic church and so we were just like wait why?? If you feel all of this and she was like I don’t know! So we challenged her to pray and we will hope that she recognizes her answer this time!

The only big thing that happened yesterday was that after fast Sunday a family gave us KFC! Haha they definitely broke the Sabbath day to buy it but oh my gosh it was soooo good! Mashed potatoes chicken!!! Yum!!!!! But instead of biscuits, you guessed it tortillas!!! Hahaha well, I hope you had a great week, I love and miss you all!!

Elder Stout







No comments:

Post a Comment