Sunday, September 27, 2015

Aug 31 - One year.....

Well, exactly one year from today is the latest that I will be home, can you guys believe that? I am on the downhill now! Wow! I can’t believe it at all!!

So first of all, I just wanted to send my love to everyone in my family for the loss of Grandpa Bob, it was really tough news to hear this week. I know that he is in a better place, and I truly have seen the comforting and revealing power of the Spirit in the last few days since I found out. It has been really different for me. When Nauni passed away, I kind of knew inside of me that she wasn’t going to be there when I get back, but I never thought that about Grandpa Bob. But as I told Dad on the phone Saturday, everyone should read Alma 40 about the spirit world and know that Grandpa is doing an even better work there, and that’s what the Lord called him to do.

This week my experience that I would like to share was the talk that I had with President Meacham. After talking with dad on the phone, President turned his chair back around to face me and was sobbing. Afterwards he just shared a bunch of things with me about the power of God to help us have our eternal families. And he testified to me how Grandpa will be a support for me the rest of the misión. All of this he did while crying and just helping me realize that there is nothing better that I can be doing right now than this work. He told me a lot of super cool things about what the Spirit has told him about me and my work, and the reason that I was sent to a hard area with a hard district. I learned a lot of things that missionaries probably never get to hear in their missions and it was a super cool experience. Afterwards we went to a Chinese buffet.
 
I am sorry that I don’t have much to share, with all of the preparations for my comp to go home we have to travel a ton and really aren’t working that much because we have to go from one side of the city to another, and it’s kind of difficult!

But I love and miss you all!


Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment