Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sept 21 - One year down, one to go!!!

Hey everyone!
 
Well, I was glad to read that it seems like everything has gotten back to normal more or less back with you guys on the plat!

This week we had another super successful week! The first really cool thing that happened was that on Tuesday President Meacham came to our zone training, and he is just a spiritual giant, I love every time that he talks to us, it’s so awesome! He just taught us again about the importance of obedience and how it’s really helping ourselves to be obedient. He just delivered the message with such power and devotion, just every time that he speaks, he inspires me to be a better missionary and person. I feel like it was really the message that our district needed to hear because I have been a little worried lately with the devotion to the work of the Lord, and the obedience of some of the members of my district, but I think this really helped them.

We got a big announcement, that from now on in our mission we will only be allowed to listen to music from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, so if you guys could please put a ton of music from them on my dropbox account because my music library went from like 300 to 50 in one day, but I am really happy because I know it will help us focus on the work even more!

Another cool thing that happens this week was the 16 of September! So everyone in the states thinks that 5 de Mayo is the independence day of Mexico, but it’s actually in September! There was a bunch of cool things all over the city and a ton of fireworks sounding literally all the time, we kept thinking people were shooting at us or something! But, we didn’t get to enjoy it  much because they didn’t less us go out to work during that time because a ton of people just get totally wasted and during their independence day some people don’t really like gringos, but it’s okay! They eat a ton of corn here to celebrate, but they eat it weird! Its corn on the cob with mayo, cheese, and chili! 
 
Last but not least, the thing that we saw this week was the hand of the Lord guiding us to his elect. We had one of the most successful weeks of my whole mission in finding new investigators! One of them is a pretty strange situation, the hermana Elpidia Rodriguez. She got baptized like 5 years ago but she never went to church to be confirmed so she never officially became a member of the church, and she needs to be baptized again, so that’s super weird! I hope we will see a ton of progress with them so I will keep you all updated!

Well, that’s all for this week!


Elder Stout


No comments:

Post a Comment