Monday, September 28, 2015

Sept 7 - September!

Wow, this will be my last September in the mission. Haha I still have every other month to do too, but that seems like something at least kind of big, right?

So I am writing super early this week because my comp got permission to head into the center of the city! It’s a super cool place that’s outside of our mission and usually people only go like right before they go home or if their comp is about to go home, so I get to go today! I am super excited to see all of the cool things that are in the center of the city, plus I have heard that it’s like actually super nice and clean over there, so that will be a nice change from the mountains here in Topilejo.

So this week was a good week, probably the best week I have had work wise in Topilejo, which really isn´t saying much haha. But we met a bunch of cool new people to teach this week. One of them is Juan Jorge Sanchez. We contacted him while he was super drunk in the street, but Elder Andablo has a saying that the drunk people always lead to someone. So, we went to his house the next day, and he was actually sober. So, we had a cool lesson with him and he is actually super intelligent like wow, he knew like everything that I ever studied in high school but like from memory! But, then we went back for the second lesson with him, and we had left him a little book about the plan of salvation, and we were like, so how’d it go with your reading, and he literally gave us the lesson on the plan of salvation, he remembered everything!! Wow!
 
Also, we met Alan Mendoza this week. He is 16 years old, and his mom is an inactive member of the church. The kid LOVES electronic music, and at 16 is already organizing big electronic events, like huge ones with like 20,000 people! But, he is super interested in the church because he wants to find a good influence to counteract all the bad stuff he is surrounded by in his electronic events, so he came to church with us this week and he already has a ton of friends in the branch and it was just super cool to see that! I am super excited to work with these two to see how it all goes.

This is a super hard area. To give a little run down on the branch. We have 200 ´´members´´ in our branch, but our assistance is about 70. Of those 70 45 are women, 8 are men, 4 are missionaries, and the rest are youth and children. But I am in love with it!! It is literally the most beautiful area in the mission, the members are few here, but they are so faithful. They are the best people I have met in my entire life, they are just so humble, so loving, so kind. They just love the gospel here, and I am so excited to work with them. I just really want them to have a ward, so I am going to do all I can to grow this tiny branch!!

I hope you all have a great week,


Elder Stout



No comments:

Post a Comment