Thursday, September 24, 2015

July 27 - Boringer Week

Hey all!

Well by my lack of pictures from this week, I guess that it was kind of boring! Huh! It’s kind of the same old here in Olivos! But to explain the pics really fast, I made myself an awesome Fettucine Alfredo lunch last Monday! And then on Wednesday my comp got something stuck to his shoe and he couldn’t get it off all day haha we got a really good laugh out of it. I love my comp, he is like one of the funniest people I have ever met, and we are always laughing!

So I don’t have a ton of time this week because we went to go suit shopping today! But the highlight of this week was our training this Friday. President came, and wow, I don’t know how he can be so powerful with very little command of the language. He just taught us very powerfully the reason that members are so important in the work, and how everything that we do has a purpose to strengthen the wards where we are serving and if we don’t do that then we are failing! Wow, it was a super big help to make us focus on the things that are truly the most important!

Then that night I was kind of uptight and stressed because we had a lot of bad luck finding new investigators this week, all of our appointments fell through or something happened and it was just awful, so I really prayed to our father in heaven and discussed with him what I could do to be better, discussed why I wanted to have this and even presented situations that we could find new investigators. Literally the next day, I saw one of these come true. While we were teaching the Dominguez family, one of their friends just showed up, wanted to listen to us, and now has a baptismal date, how cool!! Then the next day, we went to go visit an hermana and she couldn’t receive us because there was no guy home, so we decided to contact in her street all the guys to see if one of them would sit in with us. We met a man named Leonardo and he loved the message, and even came to church this week! What a bunch of cool blessings for the prayer of faith!

Well, I know it wasn’t a lot, I am sorry! But have a great week,

Elder Stout



No comments:

Post a Comment